Paulding FFA Petting Zoo is A Huge Success!

Pictured here is Paulding FFA member Addison Pease with her duck Henry interacting with the students from Ann’s Preschool. Henry was such a well behaved duck that enjoyed all the attention.

By: Addy Hunt, Paulding FFA Reporter

Friday, April 26th the Paulding FFA Chapter held its annual petting zoo with over 800 students and staff attending. 

FFA members volunteered to bring in their animals for students and staff to enjoy. The elementary students truly enjoy this day because they get to pet and interact with livestock they may not get to see up close all the time. The animals that were brought in this year by our members included chickens, ducks, geese, goats, a donkey, a miniature pony, a calf, a sow and 5 piglets, a turtle, a guinea pig, a hedgehog, a toad and two dogs. 

This day was a wonderful opportunity to educate the youth about agriculture and livestock grown in Paulding County. Students were given the opportunity to choose a small gift to take home having to do with some of the livestock they may have just seen. 

A special thanks to Paulding Farm Bureau for providing gift bags with an agriculture coloring book for the elementary students.  A corn kernel guessing game was also available to the kids for a chance to win a grand prize. We also did a coloring contest for grades K-5 to participate in to win a prize.  

The petting zoo was a huge success and the Paulding FFA Chapter cannot wait until next year! Our FFA chapter loves to educate and interact with younger students about agriculture and FFA!