Paulding FFA Chapter Celebrates National FFA Week

Pictured here are the Juniors who were the winning class during the 2024 Country Olympics during National FFA Week. 

By: Grace Goyings, Paulding FFA Reporter

February 20th-23rd, the Paulding FFA Chapter celebrated National FFA Week by having many events throughout the district. During this week, every day was a dress-up day for high school and this year we included the elementary schools and the middle school, which was a huge success. When students entered the building on Tuesday there was an FFA emblem scavenger hunt in all the buildings and once a student found an emblem they turned it in for a candy prize! It was so fun to see the students in all grades finding hidden emblems all week.  

Tuesday was sleepy farmer, where students got to wear their pajamas with boots. Paulding FFA held their 1st annual Farmer Appreciation breakfast to give back to the community and all the farmers for all of their support. A corn hole tournament for the high school was held in the High Gym during AAA. The FFA officers also made a quiz to educate the entire high school about agriculture in Paulding County. The students took the quiz and once they got 100% they were given a cookie donated by Ag Credit. 

On Wednesday, the dress-up day was fishing vs. hunting. The chapter got to enjoy a catered lunch to thank the members for all of their participation sponsored by Farm Credit.. We also had State FFA Officer Emma Wells do some awesome team-building activities with all the ag classes. 

Thursday was FFA shirt day. FFA members brought in a wide variety of food to host their annual staff appreciation lunch featuring grilled hotdogs and burgers made by the Paulding FFA Alumni.  Friday’s dress-up day was country vs. country club. Also on Friday, the Paulding FFA hosted its annual Country Olympics with the entire high school in attendance. 

The students competed in a wide variety of games and competitions with their teams. These games consisted of balloon stomp, pie eating contest, tug of war, seed spitting, cattle roping, musical chairs, and a milking contest. Tyler Schlatter & Kobe Foor were the cornhole champions for 2024 and claimed their prize at the end of the games. The students had an enjoyable day at the Country Olympics and are very excited for next year.