Paulding FFA Members have Success at State Contests!

Pictured here are the members of the food science team left to right Jamy Hunt, Carter Manz, Paige Jones and Ally Jo Merriman who placed 7th at state. Paige Jones also placed 3rd in the State Job Interview Contest.

By: Carter Manz, Paulding FFA Reporter

On December 4th, four members of the Paulding FFA chapter competed at the state food science contest and one member competed in the state job interview contest. 

The food science team was made of Paige Jones, Carter Manz, Jamy Hunt, and Ally Jo Merriman. Paige Jones competed in the Senior Division of the state job interview contest.        

During the food science contest members had to identify aromas and food processing equipment. They also had to complete a tasting triangle and do product development where they developed a food and created the ingredients and the nutrition label. 

The team placed 7th out of 18 teams and will receive a team plaque. Jamy Hunt placed 9th overall and will receive an individual plaque. During the job interview contest Paige completed an application, personal interview and a follow-up letter. Paige Jones placed 3rd overall in the Senior Division of the Job Interview Contest. Great job to all our members who participated at state. We also would like to acknowledge Paulding FFA Alumni for their support of these students at the state contest.