RAIDERS SWEEP DOUBLE HEADER OVER EDGERTON BOYS AND GIRLS 

Sophomore Harper Myers sinks this three point basket to help the Raiders in their 15 point win over the Bulldogs.

By: Joe Shouse, Sports Writer

HAVILAND – Due to the recent snow storm the Wayne Trace Raiders and Edgerton Bulldogs played a rare double-header featuring both varsity squads. In the opener, the Lady Raiders dfeated the Bulldogs 60-45 sand in the night-cap the boys delivered the knock-out punch early to breeze past their opponent 56-41.

In the girl’s match-up the red, white and blue fell behind 7-1 in the early going but a 14-0 Lady Raider run put Wayne Trace in control 15-7. The Raiders would lead my as many as 14 in the second have and the Bulldogs made a couple of threats but would never close the gap more than seven.  After leading 33-23 at halftime, the Raiders would enter the final period with a 45-31 advantage before setling for the 15-point GMC win.

The Raiders were led offensively by a trio of double-digit scorers. Freshman Careen Winans poured in 16 followed by 15-points from senior Gracie Shepherd and 12-points chipped in by sophomore Harper Myers. Shepherd had a team high seven rebounds with Winans contributing five assists. Myers added six rebounds and five steals in a solif effort from the Raider trio.

Rounding out the Raider scoring; Lexi Moore (eight), Caroline Winans (five) and Abby Moore (four). With the win the Raiders stand at 8-7 overall and 4-1 in GMC play. Edgerton falls to 3-14 on the season and 1-4 in league action.

Edgerton was paced by Alivia Farnham with with 14 points and nine rebounds. Casey Everetts added 11 with team mate Ava Swank finishing with 10. Rounding out the Bulddog scoring: Noelle Ritter (three), Addie Cape (three), Kennedy Stuut (two), Taylor Stuut (one) and Gretchen Keppeler (one).

It’s freshman Carter Clemens who adds another two points from under the basket for the Raiders!

WAYNE TRACE BOYS 56 EDGERTON 41: The Raiders scored the first 24 points of the contest before Edgerton’s Kaydn Picillo stopped the onslaught at the 6:18 mark of the second period when he connected on a free throw. With a 24-1 advantage the Raiders coasted the rest of the way and settled for a 15-point Green Meadows Conferencxe win 56-41.

The 12-4 Raiders improve their GMC record to 3-2, winning their last three conference games. Kyle Stoller led the Raiders with 17 points along with 10 rebounds to record a double-double on the night. No other Raider was in double figures but with the huge early lead the Raiders played everyone on the bench with nine players scoring. Scoring for the red, white, and blue: Brooks Laukhuf (nine), Tyler Davis (eight), Carter Clemens (six), Brady Miller (five), Cale Winans (five), Hudson Myers (three), Lance Maenle (two) and Caden Sinn (one).  Davis, the only senior on the Raider’s squad, added six rebounds, three assists and three steals in a solid performance.

Joel Walkup chipped in 11 and Nathan Swank added ten to lead the Buldogs. Also scoring were Corey Everetts (nine), Scottie Krontz (seven) Cory Herman (three) and Kaydn Picillo (one)