Crestview Fall Fair

Kassidy Klinger participates in Swine Showmanship with her Market Hog project.

By: Maddy Lamb, Crestview FFA Reporter

Members of the Crestview FFA Chapter participated in the 162nd Van Wert County Fair. These students participated in a variety of activities. Some students volunteered their time at Baby-land, Beck’s Trailer, and Kids Tractor Dream Day. 

At baby-land, students watched over animals in shifts and helped younger visitors handle the animals. The puppies were a fan favorite. The students who worked the Beck’s Trailer passed the time in a variety of ways, considering selling shavings is not the most exciting thing to sell. Tractor Dream Day was a success and many enthusiastic children got to drive a tractor and have a once in a lifetime experience. 

The Young Ag Professionals of the Van Wert County Farm Bureau put on the day and emphasized tractor safety. On Thursday night, members competed in the annual FFA Challenge. The Crestview FFA competed against Vantage and Lincolnview FFA in a variety of events. These events included egg tossing, sack racing, straw bale toss, and tug of war. After a suspenseful tie-breaker, the Crestview team finished in 2nd place.

Members of our chapter were involved in the fair through exhibiting a variety of projects. Shop and Woodworking projects were proudly displayed in the Jr. Fair Building. Crop projects were displayed in a similar manner. Many of our members brought their livestock animals to the fair for the week. Our chapter had several Grand Champions and Showmanship winners. In the Showman of Showman contest, Crestview was represented by five champion showman. 

The Chapter was proud to see its members participate in all the activities of the fair.