Category: Community

WT Wrestlers Snatch Big Win at County Meet

Wayne Trace hosted the Paulding County Wrestling Tri-Meet on February 1st. Intra-County competition is stiff, but the Raiders pulled out a win from both the Panthers and the Archers on this brisk evening. WT Raiders faced Paulding first and won 60-6. Individual winners for the Red, White and Blue were Corbin Kimmel, Conner Blankenship, Kendal…

Premier Bank Awards Dawn Bales 5th Annual Jeff Vereeke Community Impact Award

Defiance, OH (January 31, 2022) – Premier Bank has awarded Dawn Bales, Vice President, Private Banker, the fifth annual Jeff Vereecke Community Impact Award. The award is designed to honor one individual who shares in the Bank’s dedication and passion for spreading kindness, doing good deeds and making our communities stronger by demonstrating superior service…

NH WRESTLERS Advance to Semi-State

New Haven High School took part in The IHSAA Regional this past Saturday at Carroll.  We were able to finish 4th as a team out of 18, and we advanced 5 to semi-state.  We had 3 champs and two 4ths.  Here is how our wrestlers competed: 106- Julianna Ocampo continued her dominant ways.  She pinned…

1812 Winter Garrison @ Historic Fort Wayne

Come to The Old Fort on Saturday Only, February 19, 10 am – 5 pm for 1812 Winter Garrison. A winter posting at a frontier Fort was never an easy task!  Military drills and guard duty were part of the daily duties. Soldiers had to chop wood for the fireplaces to keep warm.  They had…

Fools Opening at Van Wert Civic Theatre

Neil Simon’s silly play Fools opens February 10 at the Van Wert Civic Theatre for an eight-show run. This show will brighten your winter and make you laugh. Director Perry Luhn has brought together a brilliant cast to play the townsfolk of fictional village Kulyenchikov in Ukraine. Set in the 19th century, Fools tells the…

Oh My Aching Bones

Penny For Your Thoughts by: Nancy Whitaker This year I played it smart and got a pneumonia and a flu shot. (And yes I got my Covids) I thought I was all set for the cold winds of winter, but I found out about a week ago that there are other ailments which are “such…

MATT’S MISHAPS

“Serving overseas as a small-town boy from America is intense, stressful and humorous! Enjoy a light-hearted story with me from our last 20 years overseas!” – Matt  Protective, Political … or Practical All over middle America (and the world) people are dealing with issues about wearing a mask during the pandemic.  Many feel it is a…

UWVC awards grant to WBESC

The United Way of Van Wert County has awarded a $500 New Initiative Grant to the Western Buckeye Educational Service Center (WBESC).  The WBESC is going to host an evening program in March to recognize the students from Paulding and Van Wert counties that are selected as their district’s representative for the Franklin B. Walter…