Category: Community

Defiance Co. Jr/Sr Fair Board Set to Host Craft Show

The Defiance County Junior and Senior Fairboards are hosting a Craft Show on Sunday, June 12, 2022 from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm at the Defiance County Fairgrounds in Hicksville, Ohio.  Please enter at livestock gate down from McDonalds. There are over 50 crafters and vendors registered along with 6 different food choices.  Food includes:…

Oakwood Elementary Memorial Day Program

Oakwood Elementary third grade students were able to perform an early Memorial Day program on Monday, May 16th at 2:00 p.m. and again at 7:00 p.m. for the students, parents, and community. The theme of the program this year was “This Is My Country.” The students were under the direction of Mrs. Nancy Wehrkamp, Mrs.…

WOODBURN HIGH SCHOOL CLASS OF 1956

“In ourselves our future lies” On May 12, 1956, twenty-five students graduated from Woodburn High School and seventeen of those students are still living. On May 13, 2022, thirteen classmates and their spouses met to celebrate the 66th anniversary of our graduation. The group began their reunion afternoon with lunch at Zianos and then moved…

West Bend News Deadline Changes

In an effort to provide efficient delivery of West Bend News to area residents, the following changes will take place effective immediately: Deadlines will now be Thursdays at 5:00 p.m. Publish date will be on Mondays each week. Call 419-258-2000 Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. or email at info@westbendnews.net to submit your…

Two Antwerp athletes sign Letters of Intent

Antwerp High School recently held two letter of intent signings for two senior athletes. Astianna Coppes will be playing softball at Lakeland Community College. Pictured with Asti are Chad and Courtnie Coppes, Antwerp High School Softball Coach Krista Ordway, Antwerp High School Assistant Softball Coach John Robarge, and April and Paul Joyce. Leslie Pollock will be…

BROOKS – SOTO

Rylan and Myranda Brooks are proud to announce the engagement and upcoming wedding of their mom, Crystal Brooks, to Mike Soto.  The bride, a graduate of Wauseon High School and Defiance College, is the daughter of Marie Nehls of Hillard, Ohio. The Groom, a graduate of Bryan High School and Defiance College, is the son…

Congratulations 2022 East Allen County School Graduates!

Woodlan High School  KAYLIN SNYDER was named 2022 Valedictorian of Woodlan High School. Her parents are Aaron and Kelly Snyder. Her GPA is 4.356. After graduation, Kaylin, plans to attend Purdue Fort Wayne to pursue a degree in Elementary Education. “I’ve had the opportunity to intern with many brilliant elementary teachers, including my mom, and…

Hometown heroes Banners installed in Paulding

This past week, Paulding’s streets received a facelift just in time for Memorial Day. Paulding’s Hometown Heroes banners were donated by private individuals and were installed by the local business community, like PPEC and Ace Hardware employee, Lance Sinn (pictured above). Photo courtesy of Con Shuherk.

Jonathan Meyer Named MY 102.7 Scholarship Winner

Jonathan Meyer, a senior at Vantage Career Center, recently received a $500 scholarship from MY 102.7 FM. The radio station awards one scholarship per graduating class at each of Paulding County’s three high schools and Vantage Career Center. Meyer plans to use the scholarship at Hocking College where he will study natural resources law enforcement.…

This week on PCBW: Strong Tower Fitness

Next up on the Paulding County Business Weekly show we have a great interview with Reta Ptak, owner of Strong Tower Fitness.  Listen in to see how Reta came up with the business name and how she works in various fitness offerings in multiple places around the county.  She helps many in the area not…