Category: Community

Ann’s Bright Beginners Learn About Fire Safety

Ann’s Bright Beginnings preschoolers were visited by Firefighter Michael Schweinsburg at the end of the school year to teach them about fire safety and show them his big, red fire truck.   We learned to yell “HERE I AM” really loud so the firefighters can find us in an emergency and to never, ever hide in…

EACS Teachers of the Year

KURT DAGER – LEO ELEMENTARY Grade teaching: 6th Grade Education: Master’s in Elementary Education Years of teaching: 25 Years Favorite teaching memory: I have so many great teaching memories because of all of the students I have been fortunate to have taught. One of my favorite memories is when I went back to the classroom…

PEVS 2022 Honors Retirees

Paulding Exempted Village Schools would like to recognize their 2022 retirees.  Each staff member received a personalized hand made crock make by Sandy Dobbelaere.  Those retiring were: Dave Mansfield, Bus Driver-20 ½ years; Pam Moore, Jr. High ELA Teacher-32 years; Angie Wiswell, Paraprofessional-26 years; Marie Shrider, Paraprofessional-20+ years; and Jerry Yoh, Custodian-38 ½ years. 

Miller Named Jennings Outstanding Ohio Superintendent Performance Award Finalist 

Dr. Martin Miller, superintendent of Antwerp Local Schools, has been selected as a statewide finalist for the Jennings Ohio Outstanding Superintendent Performance Award. Dr. Miller was nominated by the Board of Education and a committee of Ohio public school educators evaluated all applications to determine finalists. Miller was selected out of over 30 superintendents serving…

PPEC Wins Two National Spotlight on Excellence Awards for 2021 Member Appreciation Event

Paulding Putnam Electric Cooperative (PPEC) recently received recognition in the national 2022 Spotlight on Excellence Awards program, sponsored by the Council of Rural Electric Communicators (CREC) and the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA).  PPEC received a 2nd place silver award in two categories: “Best Video” and “Best Event.” Both awards were from the co-op’s…

Patrol Plans OVI Sobriety Checkpoint This Week

Lima – The Ohio State Highway Patrol announced today that troopers will operate an OVI checkpoint to deter and intercept impaired drivers this week. The county where the checkpoint will take place will be announced the day prior to the checkpoint, and the location will be announced the morning of the checkpoint. If you plan to…

This week on PCBW: BRSW

Next up on Paulding County Business Weekly we get an education from Shelby Aschliman about Bashore, Reineck, Stoller & Waterman (BRSW) Certified Public Accountants.  Learn about how they are able to help Paulding County businesses and beyond prosper and grow using a local approach.  Thanks to Ohio Means Jobs and My102.7 FM you can listen…

Mr. & Mrs. Kipfer Celebrate 50th Wedding Anniversary

Chuck and Debbie Kipfer, of Payne, Ohio, will be celebrating their 50th Wedding Anniversary on June 9, 2022.  The couple were married in 1972 at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church. They are the parents of Bethany (and Greg Parker), Katrina (and John) Polizzi, and Scott (and Chingy Wong). The couple have six grandchildren: Chloe,…

Krouse named GMC Player of the Year

After leading his squad to a share of the Green Meadows Conference championship, Antwerp senior Luke Krouse was voted the 2022 GMC Baseball Player of the Year in voting by the league’s coaches. Krouse was joined on the all-GMC first team by senior teammates Chase Clark and Hunter Sproles along with Paulding senior Sam Woods.…

Paulding County Hospital Years of Service Awards Celebration

Thursday, May 26th Paulding County Hospital celebrated their Annual Years of Service Awards. The event was celebrated at the OSU Extension Building located at the Paulding County Fairgrounds.  This year Paulding County Hospital had 26 individuals that reached a years of service milestone. PCH 5-years of service award recipients included: Julie Retcher, Kristen Baksa, Andrea…