DEFENSIVE MINDED RAIDERS STOP CONTINENTAL

Senior Abby Moore is just on the 3 point line as she shoots and scores!

By: Joe Shouse, Sports Writer

HAVILAND – The Lady Raiders picked up their fifth consecutive win while giving up the fewest points in a contest this season. Wayne Trace defeated Continental in a low scoring match-up 35-23 to improve their season record to 11-8. The 23-points is a season low for the Raider defense. Continental falls to 3-17 after the 12-point set back.

The game was close throughout the first half with the red, white, and blue hanging on to a slim three-point margin 15-12 at the break. However, the third quarter belonged to the Raiders when they outscored the Pirates 18-4. The 18-points were more than the total point production in the other three quarters. 

Lexi Moore, just a freshman, led the Raiders with a double-double including 11 points and 10 rebounds. Senior Gracie Shepherd had a super all-around game on both ends of the floor with 10 points, four assists and four steals. Careen Winans finished with five points with her sister adding three. A trio of Raiders finished with two points each including Abby Moore, Harper Myers and Elise Miller.

The Pirates 23-points were shared by six players including Bryn Tegenkamp (seven), Liv Logan (six), Marcie Cordes (four), and Reese Knowles, Cheyenne Rose, and Olivia Crossgrove with two points each.