Paulding FFA Holds Annual Petting Zoo

Pictured here is Paulding FFA Member Carter Manz showing the baby piglet to two preschools from Ann’s Bright Beginnings Darius Ash and Harper Snyder looking very closely at the piglet.

By: Caydence Rue, Paulding FFA Reporter

Last Friday, April 29th, the Paulding FFA Chapter held their annual petting zoo with over 800 students and staff attending including Oakwood Elementary and Ann’s Bright Beginnings Preschool. 

Over 15 FFA members volunteered to bring in their animals for students and staff to enjoy. The elementary students truly enjoy this day because they get to pet and interact with livestock they may have never seen up close before. Francis Maag brought in a sow with 6 baby piglets that were just 5 days old.  

The members brought in dogs, a cat, chickens, sheep, goats, ducks, a donkey, a pony, rabbits, a tortoise, and even a two-day-old calf. The kids also got to go outside and look at a few of the tractors and equipment that was brought in by Goyings Farms. 

To end the petting zoo each kid got stickers or a tattoo and then they got to try to guess how many soybeans were in a jar. The FFA members also put together a photo booth where students could use props to get their photos taken. 

This day was a wonderful opportunity to educate the youth about agriculture and livestock grown in Paulding County. The petting zoo was a huge success and the Paulding FFA Chapter cannot wait until next year! Our FFA chapter loves to educate and interact with younger students about agriculture and FFA!