LADY RAIDERS WIN 4th CONSECUTIVE GMC TITLE

Wayne Trace Lady Raiders take the GMC title for the 4th year in a row! Photo courtesy of Raider Nation Facebook page.

By: Joe Shouse, Sports Writer

HICKSVILLE –  For the fourth consecutive year the Wayne Trace Lady Raiders claimed the Green Meadows Conference title after dropping the Hicksville Aces in convincing fashion 61-33 last Thursday. With the win the Raiders complete the 2019-20 regular season at 18-4 and a perfect 7-0 in league play. Hicksville completes their regular season at 9-13 and 2-5 in the GMC.

The Raiders struggled offensively in the early going and went just over four minutes without a point. Miriam Sinn ended the drought as the senior bucketed a two-pointer followed quickly by back-to-back three-pointers from Sinn and Katrina Stoller to put the Raiders up 8-4.

After a competitive first quarter, the red, white, and blue opened it up in the second stanza, outscoring Hicksville 20-9 to double up their halftime lead 28-14. After the break, the Raiders 14 point margin grew to 20 with baskets from Rachel Stoller and Clair Sinn to put the Raiders in control 36-16. The Raiders were never threatened in the fourth quarter by the Aces and settled for the 28-point win.

Scoring for Wayne Trace was Claire Sinn leading the way with 17 followed by Miriam Sinn adding 13. Two additional Raiders were in double digits including Katrina Stoller chipping in 11 and Gracie Shepherd adding 10. Also scoring was Rachel Stoller with four, Kenadie Daeger, Abby Moore and Sydnee Sinn with two-points a piece.

Hicksville’s freshman Kenzie Schroeder finished the contest with a double-double including 19 points and 11 rebounds. Finishing out the scoring for the Aces was Avery Slattery with five, Lindsay Bergman and Kennedy Villena each with three points, Molly Crall two points and Izzie Smith one point.

In the Junior Varsity game the Raiders picked up a big win over the Aces 49-15. With the win the Raiders finished their season at 9-13. Scoring for Wayne Trace: Sydnee Sinn 8, Hannah Maenle 6, Kenadie Daeger 6, Abby Moore 6, Katie Stoller 5, Elise Miller 4, Carlee Mead 4, Kara Stoller 3, Christina Graham 3, Abbie Stoller 2, Rylee Troth 2.