Paulding Celebrates National FFA Week

Pictured here is the Seniors who were the winners of the Paulding FFA Country Olympics during National FFA Week.

By:Sydney Reineck, Paulding FFA Reporter

The last week in February, the Paulding FFA celebrated National FFA Week. The chapter had many activities planned for the week. 

The chapter had a committee come up with dress-up days for the high school. There was no school on Monday and Tuesday. On Wednesday, everyone wore blue and gold. The students wore blue and gold, their FFA apparel, or official dress. Thursday was John Deere vs Case. The students wore John Deere or Case, depending on which they liked better. Friday was flannel Friday or America Friday. Students could wear flannel or America apparel. 

The officer team decided to sell rubber ducks during FFA week. The money raised from selling the ducks went to the National Children’s Hospital. Students could buy a numbered duck toward an officer. On Wednesday, the chapter wanted to celebrate their teachers, so students brought in food and had a teacher appreciation luncheon, thank you, teachers! 

On Friday, we had our annual Country Olympics games with the entire high school. The students competed by class to be crowned the winner of the Country Olympics. The students competed in straw stacking, egg and spoon relay, stick horse races, tug of war and milking contest. The school enjoyed watching everyone complete. 

We ended the day with the pie in the face for students who bought ducks. If the student’s numbered duck was drawn they got to put a pie in that specific officer or Mrs. Miller in the face. The chapter raised over $250 for Nationwide Children’s Hospital.  The seniors were the winners of the Country Olympics for 2019. 

The chapter had a fun and successful FFA week that was full of education and excitement.