Paulding FFA Places 1st at District Competition and Advances to State!

Pictured R-L: Pictured are the team with their plaques from Food Science L to R: Kalyn Strahley with you 2nd place plaque, Shannon Hale and Kaylie Tressler holding the team plaque and Courtney Luderman with her 1st place plaque!

By: Emma Horstman, Paulding FFA Reporter

On November 9th, the Paulding FFA Food Science Team competed at the district Food Science Competition at Riverdale. The team consisted of Courtney Luderman, Kalyn Strahley, Shannon Hale, and Kaylie Tressler. During the competition students must be able identify different aromas, respond to consumer complaints for food products, recognize food equipment, do math calculations and recognize possible safety hazards in the food industry. Then to complete the contest students’ work together as a team to develop a product complete with a full food nutrition label.  Individually, Courtney Luderman led the team by placing 1st in the district. Kalyn Strahley placed second with Kaylie Tressler finishing in 10th place, and Shannon Hale 24th in the district. As a team, the girls placed first against 12 other teams from the district and they will be competing at the state competition in Columbus on December 2nd. The Paulding FFA Chapter is very proud of the hard work these girls put in for this competition. Best of Luck at State!